The IAPR Computation Forensics Technical Committee is announcing a new webinar “Deepfake detection: humans vs. machines“ by Dr. Pavel Korshunov on 27 January 2022 at (6 pm in Tokyo, 9 am in London, 10 am in Zürich, Paris and Roma, 8 pm in Melbourne).The recording of the webinar can be downloaded from the following link:
Title: Deepfake detection: humans vs. machines
Abstract: Practically anyone can now generate a realistic looking deepfake video. Many methods to detect deepfakes were recently proposed by the research community. However, it is still unclear how realistic deepfake videos are for an average person and whether the algorithms are significantly better than humans at detecting them. In this talk, we will compare the results of a subjective study (60 naive subjects) and three deepfake detection algorithms in terms of the human and machine ability to distinguish real videos from different types of deepfakes.
Bio of the speaker: Pavel Korshunov is originally from St. Petersburg, Russia. He received his PhD from National University of Singapore in 2011, did his postdoc at EPFL (Switzerland), and since 2015 is a research associate in the Biometrics group at the Idiap Research Institute (Switzerland). His current interests include deepfake detections, audio-visual age verification, and image morphing. Previously, he also worked on video tampering detection, visual privacy protection, high dynamic range imaging, speech anti-spoofing, and crowdsourcing.
This page summarizes all the keynotes and presentations related to the IAPR TC6 topics:
- The IAPR Computational Forensics TC6 Seminar: Dr. Pavel Korshunov gave a talk on “Deepfake Detection: Humans Vs. Machines” on 27 January 2022.
- The IAPR Computational Forensics TC6 Seminar: Prof. Isao Echizen gave a talk on “Real or Fake? From Biometric Data Protection to Fake Media Detection” on 29 September 2021.
- The ICDIP2021 Invited Talk: IAPR TC6 Chair Professor Chang-Tsun Li of Deakin University delivered an invited talk on Imaging Device Fingerprinting at the 13th International Conference on Digital Image Processing on 23 May 2021.
- The IIID Virtual Workshop Invited Talk: A/Professor Victor Sanchez of Warwick University gave an invited talk on Current Academic and Research Trends in Machine Learning and Signal Processing at a virtual workshop organized by the Institute of Inf. Tech. (IIIT) Delhi, India, on 7 Feb 2021.
- The Australian Cyber Conference Invited Talk: Dr. Xufeng Lin of Deakin University delivered an invited talk on Fighting Against Child Abuse at the Australian Cyber Conference on 8 October 2019.
- The IWCF 2018 Keynote Speech: Applications of Multimedia Forensics in Law Enforcement, to be delivered by Prof. Chang-Tsun Li, Charles Sturt University, Australia.
- The Invited Lecture: Multimedia Forensics, at 14th IAPR/IEEE/EURASIP International Summer School for Advanced Studies on Biometrics, Delivered by Prof. Chang-Tsun Li, Charles Sturt University, Australia.
- The IWCF 2014 Keynote Address: Document Authentication-(i) Authenticating shared information (patented) and (ii) Copyright management, Encryption, Watermarking (patented): delivered by Mr. Paul LAHMI, CEO, SOOD, France.
- The IWCF 2014 Invited Talk: Different facets of forensics in document analysis: delivered by Prof. Jean-Marc Ogier, University of La Rochelle, France.
- IWCF 2018 – Industrial keynotes: Link